Thursday 30 April 2009

Stealing


Okay, so to make this simple. I believe that stealing is bad. To steal from another human being is just so unacceptable. At the same time, when people are in poverty and can hardly eat and havent taken a bath in weeks or had a roof over there head in months, I understand.

I also want to say that I actually don't have a problem with stealing from companies as much as I do from people. When people steal from people they take away what those people worked for and what is dear to them. Stealing from ASDA/Walmart is stealing from a corporation that doesnt do jack shit for the wellbeing of the world. In my opinion. Shopping there is bad enough. I would never steal because 1. I dont believe in it really and 2. Im not so poor that I have to steal from stores.

When people steal clothing, I think its stupid. Thats just consumerist. When people steal food, I seriously have no problem. I know this sounds wrong but I dont. People are struggling man. If I was homeless and hadnt ate in weeks or something....I would steal food. Im sorry. Its true. And when its a child in the situation, I encourage it! If children are hungry and their parents are struggling, steal food. I mean, at the worst case scenario. If you have asked for it and you have tried to obtain it by other means...well shit, if it aint working, steal it.

This is a story about a young boy who was caught stealing food. http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090402/NEWS0107/304020017/1055/NEWS
He was charged, which I think is wrong! And I also think its wrong that they put him in foster care so quickly, but that is another story.

Stealing something for gain is wrong, stealing something for survival. Not so wrong. I will probably edit this post cause I had to write it quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment