Saturday 25 April 2009

Drinking Bottled Water



So I have known for some time now that drinking bottled water is not good for the environment. I have limited my usage but I still feel bad. I need to stop it completely. It is bad for the environment for a number of reasons. It creates more waste, plastic bottles, that go unrecycled most of the time. Sometimes it is just water from the tap being resold (this, I guess, is just an ethical issue).

Apart from environmental reasons, its just plain disrespectful. Im sorry. It is. It is so so so so so disrespectful. It is a slap in the face to any person struggling in the many countries where clean water is not available. When I hear someone go "Ohhh, noooo, IIIII, dont drink water from the tap. Its gross. It tastes weird. Its not fresh enough." I want to smack the shit out of them. I want to pull them by their ear, dragging them to a computer, so I can show them the millions of people drinking water from streams where oil has been dumped and fish are dying, from puddles in the woods, from wells that have fecal matter in them, and the list goes on. How fucking dare you? Its such an asshole, western thing to say. It really is. How quickly we forget our privileges! Im telling you.

What would it be like to wake up in the morning and not be able to drink a glass of water, brush my teeth, wash my face. As a matter of fact, its even more disrespectful than I thought. Not only do people that drink bottled water say fuck the environment but they also damn near mock anyone not getting access to clean water. I gots to stop drinking bottled water.

And from a western point of few. How in the hell do you resale something that is free. This people are selling us water! Water people. This doesnt make any sense. The article I linked ya too talks about how you can even see that coca cola and pepsi are marketing water even more now a days because pop gets such bad press for it's unhealthiness.

When does consumerism stop? Okay, thats it. I am writing about consumerism tomorrow. And I need to stop drinking bottled water, I need to be a responsible consumer...if there is one. Oh yea, ill talk about that tomorrow.

LINK

I NEED TO SEE THIS DOCUMENTARY

No comments:

Post a Comment