Thursday 23 April 2009

Bad Comedy

I am just going to write about this now because we just had our class on Bad Comedians. Paul McDonald is my professor for American Literature. He's pretty funny. And his whole hand fart thing is distractingly funny as well. I like this class, it was probably my favorite or I should say the one I learned the most in perhaps. I like the questioning on humor and making jokes. Apparently there are different theories on jokes.

I don't believe that people should be censored. I don't really believe in censorship but I will boycott a comedian or make known my disgust and discomfort with comments made my comedians. I guess, in a way, that is censorship but I would only do it on a one comedian at a time basis. It's important that people can control their own image. Jokes that are made at the expense of the minority, who can not control their own image is what I can not handle. Because I do not think that jokes in themselves can never be prejudice. I think that is the incongruity theory. That's stupid. The point of a lot of jokes is that they seem true. And if that was the case, people would be okay with telling these jokes to everyone and not just their circle of friends.

I believe that people have the right to make jokes about their own group, whichever they belong to. Its hard for me to accept people that dont belong to a certain culture, making certain jokes at it. For instance, Blacks can make fun OF Blacks without being seen as racist. I feel like if you are Black and you know the experience of being Black and marganilized and discriminated against, you have the right to make jokes at that experience. Youve gone through it. The same for Jewish humor. I love Seinfeld, which makes a lot of jokes at the Jewish faith and culture but its okay because a Jewish person does it and controls the joke and how it is performed.

Chris Rock is my favorite comedian. Sometimes he goes a bit far for me. But he is seen as "Bad" because of his use of the N word and his cursing and all of that. I think he is halarious. I also love Family Guy, which has left NO GROUP out to offend. They have made fun of every single group of there. They even have jokes about God. Even God is offended by Family Guy. lol.

I think the shit that is the funniest is the things that are wrong. Like murder and shit. My links are going to be youtube clips.

Chris Rock on Relationships. Oh gosh. So Bad. So Funny. As a feminist, it is really hard for me to laugh at some of these jokes...okay, im bullshitting, this shit is so damn funny. But I try not to take it serious.



This is Chris Rock on rap music. It's so crazy because its so dang true. I dont like rap music. I hate it. And Chris Rock is just halarious at explaining why you cant even defend it nowadays!



My favorite Family Guy cutaways. I mean, I cried when I first say them. I thought...nooo. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.





This is of Stewie beating the crap out of Brian. Its so wrong because Stewie is a baby. And he beats up the dog for not having his money.

No comments:

Post a Comment