Tuesday 21 April 2009

Procrastination

So...I thought that I would talk about procrastination. Since I have being doing it with this blog. I cannot believe that I have been procrastinating. I need to make at least 6 more comments and 15 more posts. I just found out that this assessment is done on May 7th so I actually caught it right on time. I have JUST enough time to make a post every single day and now I can still get an A. Whew. Good catch Ash. Yes, I just talked to myself. Hmm..Talking with ones self. Ok. Ok. Procrastination.

Alright. Let's start with a joke.


Procrastination is looked at badly in society. It's also looked at as a joke. But if you have a job you are expected not to procrastinate. Some people actually work better under the pressure. They don't do anything for the time period they have to get something finished and then they do whatever they have to do at the last minute. Like for instance, the fact that I now have to make a post every single day because I didn't stay on top of the game. Which seriously, wasn't intentional. I assumed that the freakin assessment could be done until you know, end of semester. Oh well. I can do this. Anyways. I also have a friend that started working on one of his essays...today..and yes, it is due today, at five. So I think that procrastination can be a great tool for some people but it can be deadly for others, like me. They say that some people procrastinate because there is too much stress or pressure on them to do well and they are scared to do it. To be honest, this has happened to me before. It actually happens more often than I like it to. But some people just cant relax. These people are perfectionists. I procrastinate because I want to be perfect and if I think I cant be perfect with something (like this fucking film class. who told me to take a film class?) I don't want to do it so I procrastinate. That's different from the person mentioned above. Everyone cant procrastinate. I think its an art. But whats sad is that you just cant help yourself sometimes. My final verdict is that if you get er done (yes, Southern American joke) then whatever. But if procrastination leads you to failure or poor markings, don't do it!

Okay, so this is a website that a man made to talk about structured procrastination. I think some of what he is saying is true but some of it totally isn't!

http://www.structuredprocrastination.com/

Oh, and here is one that will make you feel bad. LOL

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/index.php?term=pto-2711.html

Ohhhh wait. I just thought of something. That first man may be right...Because I didnt want to read for my film class...and I did this instead. It needed to be done but wasnt the most important thing on my list of things to do today...OOOHHH SNAP!

1 comment:

  1. LOL you're funny ^^ you'll make it to the 25 posts, come on!

    ReplyDelete